Many Canadian families are facing extraordinary challenges when trying to support their children and aging parents at the same time. This "sandwich generation" is doubly challenged by geographic distance, the struggling economy and access to services for seniors and children with special needs. Finding and providing the right care for a family member can be a tough and costly endeavor. The SYKES LifestageCare™ service provides the tools and resources to turn caregiving into a positive experience for participants and their families, whether the person of concern is an aging relative or a child with a developmental, physical or mental challenge. We focus on supplying the information and support people need to provide their loved ones with the best care. LifestageCare™ helps users to quickly and easily:
- find a complete range of qualified local professionals, care facilities and health care resources, anywhere in Canada
- accurately determine what home care, rehab, treatment, educational and residential services will cost
- ask questions of professional experts in the fields of geriatric care and care for special needs children and teens
- obtain simple explanations of treatment options in layman’s terms
- know the right question to ask when choosing a professional caregiver
- get informed about dozens of government financial assistance programs
A national, bilingual program, LifestageCare™ gives you quick access to customized searches for a wide range of eldercare, childcare and self-care services. These services include professional health care and personal care, in-home services, long-term residential care, assisted living facilities and other pediatric and geriatric services throughout Canada.
The LifestageCare™ research team also conducts an extensive national survey once a year on the costs of all types of geriatric care. We make this data available to our clients, along with a full range of other tools to assist family caregivers. Our staff includes registered nurses, experts in gerontology and child psychology who can answer your questions.
LifestageCare™ is available through a member’s only website and via the telephone. The service has been developed for both governmental and nongovernmental agencies, the insurance industry, and Canadian employers.